Breast reduction, also referred to as mammaplasty, is a practice to eliminate excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin to achieve a breast size in the right ratio with your body and to reduce the discomfort related with very large breasts. Excessively large breasts can cause physical and emotional problems in a woman, along with causing physical distress and pain. Moreover, this can affect a woman’s self-image issues as well. In such situations, going to a professional breast reduction clinic in Dubai can be a suitable option. Amended breast sizes and shapes can significantly enhance a woman confidence and give her the flexibility to wear the attires she wishes to wear.
At Junqueira Medical Clinic, our services are unrivaled, and we offer these services to a multi-cultural audience globally. We operate with team of some highly qualified medical professionals who specialize in procedures like aesthetics, cosmetic surgery, and re-constructive surgery. We believe in rooting for one another and supporting each other in every way possible. To avail of our breast reduction service in Dubai, book an appointment today!
Ideal Candidate for the Surgery
Having excessively large breasts can cause problems to a one’s well-being emotionally and physically. You may also suffer from physical pain and uneasiness. This can often result in self-image issues.
Experiencing an energetic life can also become problematic due to the breast tissue’s excess weight. The emotional discomfort and self-consciousness often associated with having large pendulous breasts can be as important an issue as the physical discomfort and pain. Taking assistance and support from the breast reduction clinic can relive you from dealing with these perpetual problems, and help you lead a better life.
You may be a candidate for breast reduction surgery if:
- Are physically fit
- Have practical outlook
- Feeling self-conscious about your breasts being large
- Have large breasts that limit your day to day tasks
- Experience neck pain, back and shoulder pain caused due to the weight of your breasts
- Have shoulder indentations from bra straps
- Have irritated skin under the breast crease
Breast Reduction Consultation Process
The success and safety of your breast reduction procedure is solely depended on your candidness during the consultation process at the breast reduction clinic. A few questions about your health, desires and lifestyle will be asked to you.
During your breast reduction consultation, ensure to discuss about:
- Your reason for choosing this surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- History of surgeries
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Results of any mammograms or previous biopsies and family history of breast cancer
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
Our Breast Reduction Procedure
Breast reduction surgery is usually performed through incisions on your breasts with clinical removal of the extra fat, glandular tissue and skin.
Excess fat may be removed through liposuction in combination with the excision techniques in certain cases. If the cause of having large breasts is due to fatty tissue, and excess skin is not a factor, only liposuction may be used in the practice for breast reduction.
The procedure used to reduce the size of your breasts will be determined by your health condition, breast composition, amount of reduction needed, your personal preferences and the physician's counsel.
Breast Reduction Procedure Steps
Step 1 – Anesthesia
Medicines are administered for your comfort during breast reduction surgery. The choices include general anesthesia and intravenous sedation. Your physician will advise on the best option for you.
Step 2 – The Incision
Incision options include:
- A circular pattern around the areola
- An inverted T or anchor-shaped incision pattern
- A keyhole or racquet-shaped pattern with an incision around the areola and vertically down to the breast crease
Step 3 – Removing Tissue and Repositioning
After the incision has been made, the nipple (which remains tethered to its original blood and nerve supply) is then repositioned. The areola is reduced by excising skin at the perimeter, if required.
Underlying breast tissue is reduced, shaped, and lifted. Sometimes, for really bulky pendulous breasts, the nipple and areola may need to be removed and relocated to a higher position on the breast.
Step 4 – Closing the Incisions
The incisions are collected to reshape the now smaller breast. Sutures are layered deep within the breast tissue to create and support the newly shaped breasts. Incision lines are permanent, but in most occasions will fade and considerably recover over time.
Step 5 – See the Results
Thanks to the breast reduction clinic in Dubai, the outcome of your breast reduction surgery will be immediately visible. With time, post-surgical swelling will resolve, and incision lines will fade.
Breast Reduction Recovery Tips
Many patients deciding to go through the procedure of breast reduction in dubai have enquiries about recovery from breast surgery.
When your breast reduction procedure is done, dressings or bandages will be applied to the incisions. A flexible bandage or support bra may be worn to lessen swelling and support the breasts as they heal.
A little, slim tube may be briefly placed beneath the skin to drain any excess blood or liquid that may collect.
You shall be provided with detailed guidelines for breast reduction recovery that could comprise of:
How to take care of your breasts following breast reduction Dubai
surgery, medicines to apply or take orally for some relief and lessen the risk of infection, specific concerns to look for at the medical website or in your general health and when to follow up with your plastic doctor. Ensure to ask your physician precise questions about what you can anticipate during your recovery period.
- Where shall I be taken after my surgery is over?
- What medical treatment will I be prescribed after the surgery?
- Are stitches removed? When?
- Will I have dressings/bandages after surgery? When will they be removed?
- When can I resume normal activity and exercise?
- When do I return for follow-up care?
Breast Reduction Results
The breast reduction surgery taking place in the breast reduction clinic will be long-lasting. Your new breast size should help relieve you from the pain and physical limitations experienced prior to breast reduction.
Your better-proportioned figure is likely to enhance your self-image and increase your self-confidence.
However, with time your breasts can alter due to aging, weight fluctuations, hormonal factors and gravity.
The decision go for breast reduction in Dubai is very personal. You would need to decide if the benefits will attain your goals and if the risks of breast reduction surgery and potential complications are acceptable.
Your plastic surgery staff will explain in detail the possible risks associated with this form of surgery. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure that you shall undergo and any risks or potential complications.
- Unfavorable scarring
- Anesthesia risks
- Poor wound healing
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation, which may be temporary or permanent
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Blood clots
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
- Skin discoloration, permanent pigmentation changes, swelling and bruising
- Damage to deeper structures—such as nerves, blood vessels, muscles and lungs—can occur and may be temporary or permanent
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Pain, which may persist
- Breast asymmetry
- Fluid accumulation
- Excessive firmness of the breast
- Potential inability to breastfeed
- Potential loss of skin/tissue of breast where incisions meet each other
- Potential, partial or total loss of nipple and areola
- Allergies to tape, suture materials and glues, blood products, topical preparations or injectable agents
- Fatty tissue deep in the skin could die (fat necrosis)
- Possibility of revisional surgery
After doing research on the basics about breast reduction clinics in Dubai, many patients often wish to know what they can expect before breast reduction surgery.
Prior to breast reduction surgery in Dubai, you may be asked to:
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Get a baseline mammogram before surgery and another one after surgery to help detect any future changes in your breast tissue
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- Quit smoking well in advance of breast reduction surgery
What You Should Know About The Treatment
Although decent outcomes are anticipated, there is no guarantee. In some cases, it may not be possible to achieve top results with a single breast reduction procedure and another surgery in the breast reduction clinic may be necessary.
- Breast and nipple piercing can cause an infection
- Breast reduction surgery can interfere with certain diagnostic procedures
- The breast reduction procedure can be performed at any age, but is best done when your breasts are fully developed
- Changes in the breasts during pregnancy can alter the outcomes of previous breast reduction surgery, as can significant weight fluctuations
- Your ability to breastfeed following reduction mammaplasty may be limited; talk to your doctor if you are planning to nurse a baby
Breast reduction surgery in the hands of a practiced surgeon is quite easy, so when you come into one of the best breast reductions clinics in Dubai, be calm, you possibly have the best team in the region looking after your best interests.
Before the surgery takes place, your plastic surgeon will carry out the following:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss the use of anesthesia during your procedure for breast reduction
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss likely outcomes of your breast reduction procedure and any risks or potential complications
- Examine your breasts, and may take detailed measurements of their size and shape, skin quality, placement of your nipples and areolas
Ensuring to follow your surgeon's directions is key to the success of your breast reduction surgery. It is vital that the surgical incisions are not subjected to extreme force, motion or abrasion during the healing phase. Specific instructions will be given to you on how to care for yourself and minimize breast reduction surgery risks.
Ensure to ask questions: It's essential to address all your queries directly with your plastic surgeon. Feelings such as anxiety is natural, whether excitement for the anticipated outcome or preoperative stress. Discuss these feelings with your doctor.
If you experience chest pains, shortness of breath, or unusual heartbeats, get medical attention as soon as possible. Should any of these breast reduction complications occur, you may require hospitalization and additional treatment.
Breast Reduction FAQs
Is breast reduction surgery hurtful?
During the procedure, anesthesia will be given. However, you are likely to feel sore for two to three days post-surgery. Pain medication will be subscribed to you, and your surgeon may advise applying wrapped ice packs mildly over sore areas to aid the pain and swelling. In case your pain lasts more than a few days or becomes intolerable, contact your care team straightaway.
How long does breast reduction surgery take?
The breast reduction surgery takes approximately two to three hours to complete. Your surgeon will be able to give you an estimation of how long your specific procedure will take.
What is the cost of breast reduction in Dubai?
The overall cost of a breast reduction varies on the kind of procedure, the surgeon’s level or experience and where you wish to have the surgery done. It can also include the cost of anesthesia, tests and prescription medications.
Should I lose weight before breast reduction?
If your plan is to lose a significant amount of weight, ensure to inform the same to your surgeon. Weight loss before or after breast reduction surgery can affect in the resulting shape of your breast.
Do you recommend having a breast reduction before having kids or after kids?
Breasts generally undergo changes in size and shape during and after pregnancy. Therefore, it is advisable to talk to your surgeon about the possibility of becoming pregnant after breast reduction surgery.
If you have plans on becoming pregnant in future, going for breast reduction may limit your capability to breastfeed, particularly if a large amount of breast tissue is removed or if the milk ducts are affected by the surgery
Can breast reduction be covered by insurance?
Breast reductions are covered by many health insurance companies. However, authorization of the procedure may be required by your surgeon with your health insurance company in order to get coverage.
© 2017 American Society of Plastic Surgeons