What is fat transfer breast augmentation?
Fat transfer breast augmentation essentially uses liposuction to take fat from other parts of your body and inject it into your breasts. This is a breast augmentation option for women who are looking for a relatively small increase in breast size and would prefer natural results.
Fat transfer breast augmentation risks and safety
Fat transfer breast augmentation risks include:
- Necrosis (death) of fat cells
- Possibility that some of the transferred fat cells will leave the breast area
Your plastic surgeon may also have you use a tissue expansion system during the weeks before your breast augmentation surgery to improve your results. You may have to have touch-up injections to retain your improved shape if you choose this surgery.
Fat transfer breast augmentation research
Significant research on fat transfer breast augmentation has been done:
- Pre-Expansion Technique Allows Successful Mega-Volume Fat Transfer to the Breasts
- Fat Transfer Provides Alternative to Breast Implants
- New Technique Doubles Breast Size Using Patient's Own Fat
© 2017 American Society of Plastic Surgeons